Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Simply no words... (written March 1st)

Today I witnessed the most hilarious situation. I will try and recount it as accurately as I possibly can, but I fear nothing I could write would ever do justice the odd amusement our group found today in Patzun. We were sitting out in the field at the school, playing guitar and learning to sing some songs in Spanish. The three boys, Alex, Edgar and Louis live in the house on the school property, which was in plain view of where we were sitting. All of a sudden, a few of the girls sitting in front of me, facing the house, burst out laughing. We all turned in the direction they were looking and to my utmost surprise saw Alex bolt from his house, stark naked, across the field and behind the church. Out of the door comes his mom, broom in firm grip, marching after him. Soon, Edgar and Louis followed, running after Alex with big sticks in their hands. They continued to chase, attempting to whack him whenever they came close enough, around the back of the field. Soon we were all rolling on the ground, clutching our stomachs from the pain of continuous laughter. I don’t believe that I will ever again in my life witness a sword fight quite as amusing as this one today. Even now, I can hardly make out the words being typed through the tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks… words cannot even describe.

No comments: