Saturday, January 31, 2009

I Survived!

Last night I lived through my first night shift (11pm-715am) at the hospital! After recently finishing up my Health Care Aid practicum, I was offered a job as an HCA in the continuing care unit of the Three Hills Hospital. During our practicum, all of our shifts were days, so I was extremely excited to learn all that goes on while everyone else is fast asleep, and see if I have what it takes to actually handle working the shift without crashing. For the past week I have been busy doing Evening shifts for Home Care, so I was a little worried about my first night shift experience being a bit of a double shift... but I made it through, and loved every minute of it!



While coffee might have had some hand in helping me, I was able to make it through both shifts back to back, and remain fully alert and energetic until after leaving the hospital, at which point even a hard floor looked good enough to sleep on.



I am looking forward to my next shift!

4 comments:

Kay said...

You did it! Great for you for accomplishing yet another hard step towards your goal!Knowing you love it is such an awesome thing! Keep it up!

Katrina Annunziello said...

aw..Ness!! Congrats hun :) so proud of you! I still can't believe how much you're going to be working! You're crazy! Adorable picture.. love the nursing scrubs. you are so cute! miss you. xo

tin can photography said...

Congratulations! I know how excited you must be :) And you're shirt is really fun, by the way:)

smitty89 said...

~not sure if you remember this or not but when you were five years old and were playing on a lil league soccer team you would often stop in the middle of the game and help a team mate up if they fell (sometimes they were on the other team!!!) It is such a blessing to see how God is using your caring personality to give some comfort to others in need : ) I'm excited for the plans He has for you :D ... miss ya tons (the picture of you sleeping makes me miss you more, it's a 'mom' thing)~