Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Twilight



I know, I know. Everyone is talking about it, everyone is reading the books, watching the movie- I guess you could call it some kind of fad, and yes with much resistance to my best friends encouragements back in the summer I humbly gave into my curiousity, and fell in love with Stephanie Meyers characters and story plot allow with the millions of others.

I really didn't know what I was getting myself into when I innocently decided to watch the movie one night before going home for Christmas, I was just bored and wanted some background noise while I knit. It wasn't long until I was hooked, finding that I could somewhat identify with these characters, and sitting in suspense, anxious to see how their lives and the story would continue to unfold.

I eagerly picked up the first two novels in the series, Twilight & New Moon, on my way home chronicling the relationship of Bella, a girl from Phoenix who moves to Washington to live with her dad when her mom remarries, and Edward a vampire who has been seventeen... for a while. Edward's family has trained themselves to survive on the blood of animals, but Bella's 'sent' is almost too much for Edward to maintain control of himself, but his immediate love for her is too strong for him to stay away. He has been waiting for 'his mate' for over 100 years, and now that he's found her, a human, he is intent on learning to control his thirst for her through many turns and twists of events that continually challenge the love they share for one another.




My little sister, Jordyn, stole the books from me when I got home and had the first two read within two days, and then I took her to go see the movie. Click to see Twilight Trailer. It wasnt' until last friday that we were able to find the third book.. it was sold out everywhere we looked, but found it at costco (yay we love Costo!) I am currently on the third, while I wouldn't surprised it Jord was already done the fourth.



Alex refuses to have anything to do with the books or movies... so Jord and I with our newly found vampire powers (that sounds so silly, but we're just really into it, all in fun of course) attempted to turn her to our side... with no success...




Yet.


It is a really fun read, and opens you up to a world filled with adventures that could never be experienced in this life, which is what I love so much about reading. Through soaking up words on a page you can travel anywhere, be anyone and be apart of things that wouldn't otherwise be possible. I recommend it to anyone who is even a bit intrigued.

Well... Back to reading Book Three, Eclipse!

No comments: