Monday, January 5, 2009

Joyeux Noël

So I realize I am a little behind on posts, but as you can imagine, a two week visit home for Christmas didn't turn out to be as relaxing as I had hoped with some down time- but I am happy that I was able to use that time to visit with family and friends. Definitely the main reason for going home in the first place. So now with some extra time on my hands I'm afraid I might be bombarding my blog with posts... I hope they are all interesting to read, and see pictures of.



One of my favourite things about going home for Christmas is the amount of snow we get living in the 'snow-belt' of Central Ontario. So i was overjoyed to see all the snow of course....



... and the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree my dad had cut down on our property and stuck in the snow in front of our house, complete with one Christmas Ball for decoration...






... I also love the way my mom decorates the house so beautiful for Christmas, it makes everything so festive and feel cozy too...



And of course, Christmas always means traditions such as eating a bunch of random but delicious finger foods (a mixture of everyone in my family's favourites)and watching Its a Wonderful Life on Christmas Eve, going to my Nana and Papa Smith's for a yummy Turkey dinner on Christmas day, and then to top it all off, going to the local Chinese food restaurant to hit up the buffet with the Bell Family on Boxing Day, and then getting to visit our Aunt Cyndy : )


Hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday Season!

1 comment:

smitty89 said...

~So glad you made it home to see all the snow and take pictures of it. I was thinking a few days ago that I never got out to take any pictures so I'm happy you have some memories captured for us to look back on~

ps...the 'charlie brown' tree sure does have character